Creating Change For Marginalized Communities in Nepal with Bipana Dhakal
What groups in your community are lacking equal opportunity?
Today, I am so excited to be joined by Bipana Dhakal from Nepal. She is an incredibly grounded and versatile social entrepreneur making an impact for the next generation. Bipana is the founder of The Learning Fortress, a social enterprise that is implementing programs for children who are in marginalized communities throughout the rural areas of Nepal. In The Learning Fortress, children between the ages of 3-16 years old are able to learn and explore things from reading books and exploring their hobbies and interests.
Being a social entrepreneur requires empathy, leadership, and the ability to identify gaps of opportunity within communities. Whether you have personally experienced the challenges and hardships of these communities or not, you can create change when you create a social enterprise.
Tune in and listen to the seventeenth episode of Avant-garde Entrepreneur. You will hear why Bipana was inspired to create The Learning Fortress, what the different qualities are between generations in Bipana’s community, what advice she would give to a new social entrepreneur, upcoming opportunities that she is excited about, and more.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Bipana created The Learning Fortress (4:35)
- Generational differences in Bipana’s community (12:18)
- Advice that Bipana would give to a new social entrepreneur (17:07)
- Exciting opportunities coming up for Bipana (30:17)
- The impact Bipana wants to leave on the world (35:12)
- 5 Mindset Pitfalls to Avoid Workshop Registration March 14, 2023
- Avant-garde Entrepreneur Foundations Waitlist for March 2023
- World Time Buddy
- 5-day Prompted Journal
- Quick Cards
Connect With Bipana